Random Ramblings...

Rantsss...Screaams...Laughs ;)

Monday, September 10, 2007

Its movie time!!!

Well, the last weekend, I thought I could go someplace....the weather was still fine, so we should probably be travelling before the winter (everyone's been predicting a 'fun' winter ;)...

Finally got lazy (as usual ;) and thought I'd see some movie...n started off thinking that I could maybe see Deja Vu...had a download that I thought I could see...Start off the movie, and bingo....its in Spanish!!!
Likely to be Spanish....but cant be sure, since I dont know Spanish either ;)

Well, so I settled for a lil serious movie....Amadeus....a movie about Mozart and a jealous contemporary of his, Salieri....
Its fundamentally about the well gifted people and the less gifted ones....about human jealousy....about artists...about opera....about music...
It was a lil serious movie....yes...but worth the time....infact, I am beginning to appreciate opera a bit ;)
The word Opera, atleast till now....used to remind me of the scene from Dil Chahtha Hai, with Aamir sitting through the wails n screams of an opera ;)
....and of this opera that I went to with Don once ;)
Well, for all who somehow think opera is all bullshit, but can still appreciate a good movie....try seeing Amadeus...maybe it might help you see what the guys who write/direct operas think like...

Well, Amadeus done, I thought I'd see something lighter....funny types...
and so, I switch to Dr. Pashupathy!!! Nice ol mallu movie....;)

And finally, a real classic movie that I am getting tired of recommending to everyone...Meghamalhaar...a very poetic movie so to say...starring Biju Menon n Samyuktha Varma...
The movie is about two married people who meet...and...before you think this is one of those "The Other Woman" type movies, stop!!!
Its about two people who are married and dedicated to their family lives...they meet quite coincidentally...and soon realize they once were childhood best buddies...
Aargh...I just feel like I am doing injustice to the story....go, see the movie...rather than listen to my pathetic narration :D

ps. Special thanks to www.videoduniya.com for helping me catch up on these nice mallu movies...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home