Random Ramblings...

Rantsss...Screaams...Laughs ;)

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Heard Melodies are Sweet...

Hmmm...the last time I blogged about unheard melodies being sweeter, I wondered if this were indeed true...today is one of those days when I must disagree...
Nah, its not that I've decided to disagree to everything today :D

Well, been listening to some ol' mallu songs...Onnaam raagam paadi, Eeran Megham, Padam Pootha Kaalam , Nee en Sarga Soundaryame, Poo Venam, Thamarakkili Paadunnu and others...and I must say the nostalgia switch just tripped off ;)

Incidentally, I am reminded of this conversation I had a few months back where I was going on n on about being so much in love with this land, its music n all...and I was told...'u are really prejudiced'....haha, I wonder...is Kerala so beautiful...its life so rich...its music so full of life and feeling...Or is it just that everything about it is wired to some nostalgic figment of my memory ;)

Here are some pics that I clicked the last time I was in Kerala....

Well, this was shot on the train while travelling on to home...
A lil kid standing outside his home, watching the trains go by....watching the people travel by....

Aaaand...this was shot right outside my home in Trivandrum...
Hmmm, it was raining so nice...I guess I miss the rain..

You can find more pics at Kerala Travels ;)
ps. Special thanks to those nice fellas who uploaded these songs on youtube for everyone to enjoy!!! I can't imagine uploading so many MBs/GBs of music/movies just so that others may see ;)

3 Comments:

Blogger Arunus Maximus said...

Ohhh my.. ved listening to Malayalam songs.. :).. I thought the only form of India music u liked was pure carnatic music..:)

It is strange right we listen to malayalam songs while away from home and listen to english ones while in India.. i think it is just an attempt of the human mind to get in touch with something other than the immediate surroundings...

October 15, 2007 at 11:32 PM  
Blogger a.g.j said...

haha...malayalam songs ennum oru weaaakness aayirunu ;)

hmm....maybe u are rite, we try to get in touch with something other than surroundings....pakshe I guess good mallu songs are welcome anytime ;)

October 16, 2007 at 7:52 PM  
Blogger Pooja said...

I love taking/seeing pics of water drops esp on green leaves. Miss the rain? come visit me in seattle.

November 6, 2007 at 6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home