Random Ramblings...

Rantsss...Screaams...Laughs ;)

Monday, September 03, 2012

A fresh start...

The occasional blogger that I have become...this blog is nearly never updated...

I guess that's the case with a lot of people out there...family, kids, work...there just isn't any more time...Not much reading, no writing at all...hobbies? Are you kidding me? ;)

After a really long time I took out some time to shoot and post process some pics...and made a flickr upload after probably 2yrs. Or 3 yrs?

Here's a sample....
This picture is from one of the very few early mornings that I've seen in recent years ;) I don't wake up too late as I need to travel a while to get to office, but never too early that it would give me time to think, appreciate the morning scenery....

I have been doing a bit of browsing around, reading blogs...and one particularly interesting blog on 10-benefits of rising early and how to do it caught my attention....I really hope I can start waking up early and Greeting the day as Leo suggests...

I have frankly also been doing a lot of introspection as usual...wondering where I am going...wondering where everyone else is going and so forth...age old questions that typically popup either when you can't concentrate on an upcoming exam (in college) or when you just can't progress that bit of work that you wish was already done ;)

One other thing that I have been meaning to blog about for a really long time is about another blog and a related book....Susan Cain's "Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking". Here's an associated NYTimes page to get you started...
I am really someone who enjoys solitude (not that I hate being around people) in its many forms...I've just been lucky to have friends and family who could let things be as they were...but I guess there have been difficult moments as well...
What I found most interesting about the book, the blog and associated discussions is the number of people who find it difficult to enjoy being themselves because of society's notions around extroversion being an ideal and normal state...
I think everyone should have a read of this...in fact, I'd go so far as to say this should be recommended reading for high school students ;) Honestly, I think so.

There's also an interesting movie that I was lucky to see...'Arike' (malayalam, starring Dileep, Mamta Mohandas and Samvrutha)...a nice and light drama simply about love...
I find it quite interesting that love is such a mysterious and interesting subject...you can just go over it again and again with so many movies, stories, dramas, plays, poems...with just slightly different treatments or perspectives and still be interesting...
While I am fascinated by love on-screen or in literature, I somehow cannot relate to it in real life...Yes, I believe in love as a form of humanity, of affection, of belonging....but not the boy-meets-girl types that we see on screen and appreciate wholeheartedly (nah, I am not referring to the really corny n bad ones)...
As Anuradha (Mamta) says in the movie..."I don't believe in love myself...and there probably wouldn't be anyone in this world as much in love as the two of you...When I see you two is when I feel love is still very much alive in this world..."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm.. so solitude is what makes you update your blog or photograph ;) ..
Haris

September 3, 2012 at 10:57 PM  
Blogger a.g.j said...

yes, very much...and time ;)
I'd planned on reading or writing on the train journeys to n from office...but mostly that gets taken up by work :(

September 4, 2012 at 2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home