Random Ramblings...

Rantsss...Screaams...Laughs ;)

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Unsaid...Unexpressed...

I still remember a couple of lines on my autograph book from college...lines penned by a friend whom I didn't know well enough...and definitely didn't understood too well...but it still is one that lingers in memory....

"You wanted to do quite a lot, but never did...You wanted to say quite a lot, but never did"

The second part is what I always find interesting...In all our daily interactions and conversations, there is so much thought, so much feeling that is unexpressed...uncommunicated.

Almost every movie that revolves around people and their relations and subtle interactions has this very theme...the Unsaid word...Fathers missing to tell their sons how deeply loved they were...Brothers misunderstanding each other and thinking that the other loves money more than their family bonds....Men who have waited all their lives to tell a woman how madly they wanted to be with them....
If people were perfect communicators and each one could understand exactly what the other thought, and why they thought so....the world would be so much happier...less arguments, less wars, less crimes....and yes, not so many themes for movies & serials :D

In the last few months and years of my life, this thought has been much more on my mind....
I have seen people dear to me argue with each other just because they don't understand each other as well as I understand each of them individually...and it has been sad.
There are people whom I've wished to say good words to, but just been too shy ;)
There are people who've inspired me purely by being themselves...and I haven't been able to tell them of the difference they've made...

There is probably a subtlety and complexity of human emotion that is beautiful to see on film...but the unexpressed thought is as useless as a helping hand that's intended but never given!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Haris said...

Hey, after a long time ....
Well said, but if that was not the case life would also get a bit too boring and monotonous ;) ...

March 13, 2011 at 10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home